Saturday, March 12, 2011

You crazy galah

Yesterday afternoon while I was waiting for the LOML to come home from work, I heard a noise coming from the back of the house that sounded like someone was trying to break in.

No need to tell you I shit myself and immediately started thinking which alternative exit I would take to GET ME OUTTA THERE.  We have a number of...how to put this politely...ferals....living in the next street over so I'm always cautious when I'm home alone.

Eventually I got angry enough (who the hell do they think they are trying to break into my house!?!) to go and investigate.  True, I did so sneakily, tiptoe-ing along the timber floorboards and peering out from behind a curtain.  But investigate I did.

Couldn't see anything from the window so then I had to brave it and go outside.  At least it was still daylight.  If it was night-time, not a chance.

Anyway, this is what was trying to break into my house.....
Note to self: must do something about that mould....
....two pink galahs.

My guess is that they were looking for a place to set up house - a love shack all of their own. 

Unfortunately for them this house is already taken.  And no amount of eating the weatherboards (that's what the noise was) is going to change that.

Bloody nature*.

* running joke in this household - said by the sister of a friend who, after moving to a bushland setting surrounded by native trees, was woken one morning (quite late by any standard) by a number of birds chirping and singing outside her window.  Upon rising and greeting her guests uttered the immortal words 'bloody nature'.  Funny as!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...