Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Olive Theory

Have you heard about this one?
According to Urbandictionary .... 

Determining the success or potential success of a relationship by whether one person in the relationship loves olives while the other person hates them.
Marshall and Lily in "How I Met Your Mother" argue that based on the Olive Theory, they are an awesome couple based on Marshall's hatred of olives and Lily's olive love*.

That would make the LOML and I the perfect match.  He loves olives and my hatred of them is rather intense (I hate them with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns) .  I am nothing if not committed to my dislike.

Perfect Match.  (oooh-wah-ooh, oooh-wah-ooh).  Predict that one Dexter!
Image courtesy: www.cv.vic.gov.au
* okay, so in the show Marshall does eventually come clean on his actual love of olives and his original lie about disliking them in order to win Lily's heart but the theory remains sound....

And maybe I watch a little too much tv.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...